Sunday, February 24, 2008

Silver Platter "Cultural Hub of The Universe" Act 2 of 2


Turn off the lights, lock the doors, The Silver Platter is gone.

The pervading sentiment of tonight's show could best be summed up by a member of the band Rowdy Towdy who said "I really don't know where bands are going to go to play anymore...I don't know where I'm gonna go to buy a record anymore."

Hothouse which features all the old members of Jack Fendey opened up the show.





Rowdy Towdy played next.





The Riot Before( Richmond, Virginia) played shortly after.

And finally, Doug Davison and his band Pop-Pop closed down the shop.



Goodnight!

3 comments:

Christine M said...

Even though I was unaware of its existence (I know, shame on me), the idea of the last independent record store in the area closing down makes me sad. It seems like we're losing so many cool, unique things lately.

Patrick Norris said...

Yeah, it really does.

Unknown said...

all is not lost. bob has all of his records at the antique mall near the shop and is still in the buisiness. he just not longer wants the stress of the dedicated store front.

i got the impression while talking to him the other night that he is also going to continue to stock new indie vinyl at his new space as well. i know it won't have the same charm as the old store but it's something.